Manhattan Construction Group Companies Win Eleven ABC Excellence in Construction Awards and Top STEP Safety Honor
TULSA, Okla. – The Associated Builders Contractors (ABC) Oklahoma Chapter has honored Manhattan Construction Group’s subsidiaries with eleven Excellence In Construction Awards, and a Top National Safety Honor.
Team members from Manhattan Construction Co., Manhattan Road and Bridge Co., and Cantera Concrete Co. were presented the honors at the ABC Excellence in Construction Awards Event Banquet held on Thursday, September 19th, 2013 at the Cox Business Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. ABC’s Excellence in Construction program recognizes innovation, quality and vision by a building team. Projects are judged on a safety, personnel management, quality control, scheduling and degree of difficulty in completing a project.
Manhattan Construction Co. received the ABC National STEP Diamond Safety Award – the highest honor in the Associated Builders and Contractors Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Awards program. This is the third consecutive year for Manhattan Construction Co. to earn this honor.
The Manhattan Construction also received ABC Excellence In Construction Awards for construction of:
- GreenArch Apartments in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the “Residential/Multi-family & Condo” category.
- Bedré Chocolate Factory and Chickasaw Nation Welcome Center in Davis, Oklahoma in the “Industrial $5 to $14 million” category.
- Choctaw | Pocola Casino, in Pocola, Oklahoma in the “Renovation More than $10 million” category.
- Woody Guthrie Center/Tulsa Paper Company West in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the “Historical Renovation $2-$10 million” category.
- Oklahoma State Capitol Wellness Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in the “Institutional” category.
- OU Health Science Center Tunnel Expansion in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in the “Industrial $2-$5 million” category.
- University of Oklahoma Jan Marie and Richard L. Crawford Faculty Club Renovation in Norman in the “Renovation $1-$10 million” category.
Manhattan Road and Bridge received the STEP Silver Safety Award. They also received ABC Excellence In Construction Awards for construction of:
- Oklahoma City Crosstown Expressway I-40 West Connection from Agnew Ave. to Penn Ave. for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation in the “Infrastructure: Heavy — Bridge, Under $25 million” category.
- I-44 West Bound Double-Decker Replacement Bridge over the Arkansas River in Tulsa for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation in the “Infrastructure: Heavy- Bridge, over $25 million” category.
Cantera Concrete Co. received the STEP Gold ABC National Safety Award. They also received ABC Excellence In Construction Awards for concrete placement for:
- Griffin Communications Media Center (KOTV) in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the “Other Specialty Construction – Concrete More Than $1 Million” category.
- Bedré Chocolate Factory and Chickasaw Nation Welcome Center in Davis, Oklahoma in the “Other Specialty Construction – Concrete More Than $1 Million” category.
Click here to view a list of recent Manhattan Construction awards and honors.
Click here to view Manhattan’s online project portfolio.
About Manhattan Construction Group
When Laurence H. Rooney founded what is now Manhattan Construction Group in Oklahoma Territory in 1896, he built his business and reputation for trustworthiness and dependability through consistent performance. These same timeless values have enabled Manhattan to grow and prosper into one of the most respected construction firms in the nation. The firm’s operating companies are Manhattan Construction Co., Cantera Concrete Co. and Manhattan Road & Bridge. Manhattan is recognized by Engineering News-Record as a top green builder, general builder and bridge builder in the nation. In the last two years Manhattan has received 40+ industry honors for quality and safety. The company’s services include Builder-Driven Pre-Construction®, construction management, general building, design-build and turn-key projects, and roads, bridges and civil works. The company works in the U.S., Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. www.manhattanconstructiongroup.com