Manhattan Construction Wins Six Honors for Excellence In Construction and Top National Safety Honor
TULSA, Okla. – The Associated Builders Contractors (ABC) of Oklahoma has honored Manhattan Construction Co. with six Excellence In Construction Awards and a top National Safety Honor.
Manhattan Construction Co., Oklahoma received the ABC STEP Diamond Safety Award – the highest honor in the Associated Builders and Contractors Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Awards program. This is the fourth consecutive year for Manhattan Construction Co. to earn this honor.
ABC’s Excellence in Construction program recognizes innovation, quality and vision by a building team. Projects are judged on a safety, personnel management, quality control, scheduling and degree of difficulty in completing a project. Manhattan Construction Co. received ABC Excellence In Construction Awards for:
- Saint Francis Hospital/Trauma Emergency Center project in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the “Mega-Projects” category. The eight-story addition accommodates a new emergency department, a 150-patient bed tower, a new campus chapel, and a new women’s convent. Manhattan Construction was the construction manager and Page Southern Page was the architect.
- OK Kids Korral project in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in the “Commercial $5-$10 Million” category. The OK Kids Korral provides daytime and overnight lodging for families while their children are receiving cancer treatment at other nearby facilities. Manhattan built the project for the Toby Keith Foundation. Crafton Tull Sparks was the architect.
- Chickasaw/Riverwind Sovereign Family Medical Clinic project in Norman, Oklahoma in the “Health care $2-$5 Million” category. Manhattan was the construction manager for this Chickasaw Nation project, which includes the Sovereign Medical Clinic and Sovereign Pharmacy and Fine Gifts. Rees Associates, Inc. was the architect.
- Osler Hotel Renovation in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in the “Historical Restoration $2-$10 Million” category. Manhattan renovated the seven-story historic building originally constructed in 1928 for Coury Properties, Inc. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and is noted as the best local example of Mission/Spanish Colonial Revival architecture. Preservation and Design Studio was the architect for the renovation project.
- University of Oklahoma (OU) Scholars Walk and Asp Avenue Improvements in Norman, Oklahoma in the “Other General Construction – Over $2 Million” category. Manhattan constructed a 22-foot pedestrian mall sidewalk through OU’s south campus with accompanying renovations and relocations. Garver was the architect.
- 100 Boulder Condominiums project in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in the “Residential/Multi Family & Condos” category. Manhattan built the two-level, 18-unit condo project. The wood framed structure provides residents with high-end interior finishes and trendy amenities like an induction cook top or fold down Murphy Bed. Parker Associates was the architect.
Team members from Manhattan Construction Co. were presented the honors at the ABC Excellence in Construction Awards Event Banquet held Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014 at the Cox Business Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
About Manhattan Construction:
Founded in 1896, Manhattan Construction is consistently recognized nationally by Engineering News-Record as a top general builder. Manhattan Construction operates from offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, Okla.; Dallas and Houston, Texas; Naples, Fort Myers, Florida; Washington, D.C.; and Atlanta, Georgia. Manhattan Construction’s building portfolio includes corporate headquarters, institutional, health care, office, hospitality and leisure, sports and entertainment, aviation, retail and government facilities throughout the United States, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. For more information visit: www.manhattanconstruction.com.